Monday, November 3, 2014

Ethnic Bride Of Frankenstein

It has been quite a long time since I've blogged here, mainly because I had to go through such awfulness trying to find my login information. It feels good to be back.

Well, since my last blog was a thousand years ago, I'll fill in a little. I'm now married, as I said before, and I still love it. It took an awful lot of soul searching and werq to get here, my husband and I, but I love this little place in time we've snuggled into together. It's warm here, and passionate.

My father passed away last summer. But that topic shall be a blog in  and of it's own. Not here.

I'm back in the social werq field, and I've not been happier in a long time. My new job, my dreadlock journey, my marriage and this Halloween are what inspired me to bust back into my blog and give you a dose of saffron cream...and in turn have a dose myself. I really like blogging. I'd forgotten how much.

Halloween. This blog, friends, shall refer to this past Halloween. It was just days ago.

I threw a party. It got off to a rough start...the original venue had reached it's occupancy limit and my friends were having a bitch of a time getting in. Therefore, we moved the party to another bar, which at first hurt my feelings...but it turned out to be lovely.

Many of you may know how important Halloween is to me. I go all out every year. Since cultivating the delicious head of dreadlocks that I have since I started this blog, I always make sure to choose a character with killer hair to costume as. This year, I chose The Bride.

The Bride of Frankenstein is a character that, like many, has not transcended racial barriers much, if at all. It was very monumental, I think, at least to me, to costume as this particular character. I'd like to be among the first ethnic women to show up on Google when the words "Ethnic Bride of Frankenstein" are searched for. I'd like for other women with dreadlocks to see my costume choices as inspiration to their own personal art. My endeavor to show up in Google Images is more than just some selfish, stupid plea for fifteen raggedy ass minutes of internet fame. I'd like to serve as inspiration to other Black women with natural hair. That's my only goal...to light a candle within someone. 

I'm happy to be the dopest #EthnicBrideOfFrankenstein to ever do it, though.





No comments: